Sunday, April 1, 2018

A to Z challenge letter A


#AtoZchallenge 2018 friendly new badge logo


A is for APRIL FOOLS

as I sit here pondering today's
post APRIL fools seemed 
appropriate

Here is a little tidbit of info
with it also being Easter

This is the first time Easter 
has fallen on April Fools Day
since 1956 and wont happen
again until 2029
1923, 1934, 1945, 

Image result for april fools day
April fools day is an annual
celebration for Europe and 
Western countries (I remember 
this being told by my grandparents)

April fools day was meant nothing 
but to play a harmless prank on others
and today is celebrated world wide
was popularized in the early 1700's

We have all played those harmless 
pranks.  One of my favorite childhood
memories of a prank my dad
 played on me was telling
 me he found me in a tree down
 by the creek.

There is also a lot of very interesting
history dates
on this date in 1945 our troops 
landed in Okinawa 

1979 President Nixon signed 
legislation for banning 
cigarette ads on TV and RADIO

1984 (so very very sad)
Marvin Gaye was shot and 
killed by his own father.

1996 Taco Bell played a prank 
that was told they were buying the 
liberty bell and that Taco Bell
would be called
Taco Liberty Bell

We all have a joke-ster side to us
so go out and have a funny 
harmless prank today

Today is our dwarf goat 1 year 
birthday  HAPPY BDAY willie boy

we plan on going and visiting family
for fun and food

happy a to z blogging 


2 comments:

  1. That's very interesting to know that April fools and Easter won't happen again until 2029. I believe Easter should fall next Sunday the 8th just like in Eastern Orthodoxy. Oh well. Here is My Letter A Response

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello fellow A to Z'ler. Nice to meet you and thanks for all those info tid bits. That was fun :-)

    ReplyDelete