Friday, February 19, 2021

What are you proud of yourself for today? Why? Feb 18 prompt

What are you proud of yourself for today? Why?  

I am proud of my courage for taking care of Gator who is fighting terminal cancer.  WHY?  Until you have been a caregiver for a cancer patient you wouldn't understand.  The chore is very REAL.   Changing sheets 2 or 3 times during the night on chemo weeks because of accidents or throwing up, fevers, headaches, not wanting to eat, crying because he feels like a burden.   This struggle is hard on both people.    I wouldn't change anything because I still have him here with me.   Everyday is a blessing, that he is still here.

2 comments:

  1. Bless your heart. I understand this and I pray that God will give you the strength to keep going. But I do hope you have some trusted people who can give you some respite time so you can get out once in a while and just breathe the fresh air. You are a wonderful wife and helpmate. May the Lord bless you and take care of you and your dear hubby. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamela, thank you so very much. I go out for 30 mins a day (no chores nothing just me time)(and camera time) providing the last 2 weeks that time has just been walking around the yard. It is basically him and I however hospice is great in making sure that I am ok. I have GOD on my side so there is nothing better than the father of all fathers. ((((HUGS))) to you and Ms Lily Grace.

      Delete