Wednesday, October 25, 2017

OUR LOVE STORY

Some of you asked if I had posted about our love story, the answer is NO
but here goes.   I had older pics of Gator but thru the years have gotten lost


It was 1982 July we went to the same church me being 15 and him at time 18
he caught my eye in church *this is when boys and girls couldn't sit together
thinking he wouldn't give me the time of day as I was the lil geeky girl.

We went to church-camp in July it was hot the tabernacle, nor classrooms had no a/c
girls/boys were not allowed to go swimming together, the boys played baseball
the girls volley ball,  the girls could watch the boys play and vice versa

Wed afternoon, JULY 14, 1982 my bestie at the time, told me, Gator wants
 to sit by you at church
service tonight, ME:  what in the world would he see in geeky lil ole me. 
I went to where he was sitting, walked toward him, he stands up like a gentleman,
until I seated.  We talked for a little bit before church, also that night I accepted
Christ as my Lord and Savior.  After, church was over he asked me if I wanted to
walk with him to Devil's Bathtub and to what they called Lover's Lane.
We sat and talked seemed like forever, but actually was only 45 mins
because lights out in the dorm was at 1030 church didn't get out till
930 and everybody had to be accounted for by 1015.  He asked me to wear
his classring *me being naive as they came was all like yes but had no idea really
what it meant*  he finally exclaimed it to me  oh wow I thought geeky lil ole
me is now with this good looking handsome guy....eat
your heart out ladies

10 days later he celebrated his 19th bday *now daddy wouldn't let us date until
I was 16 which was now only 10 months away we can do this.  He was a Navy Seabee
gone for summer camp yes we can do this being away.  In, April here it came
HIM:  Baby I am sorry I have to break up with you
ME:  why, what did I do? I thought you loved me?
HIM:  I do love you this is why  I have to do this
ME:  I do not understand if you love my then why do we have to break up?
HIM:  Walks away
ME:  Wait  please promise me you will come to my 16 bday party, after all that is
a girls biggest birthday (or so we thought) 
HIM:  Baby I promise I will be there.
Here comes my bday May 22 everybody is coming in NO GATOR,
 sad sigh oh well
he has moved on,  Here he finally came hidden for he could surprise me.

we talked for I know several hours, and wow that 1st kiss for my 16th bday was
amazing.  But, still he thought there was somebody better which btw was my
best friends sister :(: ( I saw him come by my house every stinkin day like clock
work. 

FAST FORWARD:  to 2009 we had, had no contact what so ever, I sign up for
facebook, and who do I find but his sister, yayy maybe I could find him,
well he was married, and I was too, his wife at the time couldn't handle
 him being friends with me, so it was BYE again. 
In 2014 he had remarried, and I knew her from school so the 4
 of us tried being friends again, she was so jealous of me it was unreal,
 I could have handled being friends
with him. after all who has that chance?  again He was told he could not be
friends with me    OK THIS TIME I GIVE UP

In 2016, my husband at the time, left after 20 yrs walked out no explanation nothing
but found out he was with Gators ex wife *another story*  anyway
Gator lived in Joplin, Me in OK no way of knowing where he was at nothing

He and his mom then moved to the same town as I live in, the population is around
1000  so everybody knows everybody....I see him at the local gas station but
could not make myself talk to him, then it happened,  out of the blue he called my
mom to get my phone number....I called him back we met, I told him about my ex
and his ex *he was still married* he couldn't believe what I had to say
Then I asked him  why did you break up with me all those years ago,  His answer
My Step dad made me break up with you..me why? Gator because I was only  15
and thought that I was too young to be that serious.

In Jan 2017 he was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, it has been a rough 10 months
Today he is cancer free. 
We were planning on getting married July 14, 2017 as this was our 35th anniversary
of him asking me to wear his classring.   Due to dr, chemo etc it didn't happen the way
we had wanted, but knowing God has it in his hands.  We are now shooting for
between Thanksgiving and Christmas

1 comment: