Friday, May 4, 2018

The Death of a friend

Happy Friday!

PHEW what a week this has been!

Tuesday May the 2nd I found out my best friend of 35 years and my big brother has committed suicide
His sweet mama died just 8 weeks prior
was he reaching out for that loss?
could he not cope with the thought of his mom not being here?
we talked daily and I told him day n and day out I was always a phone call
or text away.  I hadn't heard from him in a few days, but knew he was getting ready
for back surgery  either the 1st or 2nd, I stated on the 2nd that I needed to reach out
to him and see how he is doing...I got a strange number calling (didn't answer) listen
to voice mail, it is Chris' brother telling me to please call when I could.

That gut wrenching feeling you get when you know something isn't right? return phone
call, and the news was so unbelievable, I was (in) shock I cried most of that day
looked like I had been on a 3 day drunk.

Last night (thur) we normally do not go for karaoke but we did to honor him, as he loved music
Gator sang blues (Chris' fav genre) me I did a variety.  Sang Tears in Heaven had the bar
in tears. 

I've lost many family members but never a friend, my heart has a huge hole in it I am coping
day in and day out...

Today we lay you to rest!  RIP MY FRIEND/BROTHER

PLEASE IF YOU KNOW A PERSON WHO IS SUICIDAL, DEPRESSED, PLEASE PLEASE
REACH OUT TO THEM IT COULD SAVE THEIR LIFE
SUICIDE IS VERY REAL..   I AM HERE 24/7 FOR ANY OF YOU, AND YOU CAN SHARE MY INFO IF THERE IS ANYBODY THAT EVER NEEDS TO TALK I AM HERE. 


2 comments:

  1. Dear God, I am so sorry for the pain and loss that Harley Chick is feeling right now and thankful for her offer to anyone in need of talking. God bless you with His peace as you allow Him to comfort you as you cope through this sadness. I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May your friend RIP. It is always a big shock when people go in this way. Hugs to you and all who loved him.xx

    ReplyDelete