Saturday, February 10, 2018

Saturday 9: My Funny Valentine

Saturday 9: My Funny Valentine

Saturday 9: My Funny Valentine (1991)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) In this song, Ms. Kitt sings that her lover is her favorite work of art. 
Tell us about a piece of artwork you can see from where you're sitting now. 
(Yes, that crayon drawing created by your 5-year-old nephew counts.)

A.   there is several  (I used to collect unicorn everything back in the 80'S
this one is a puzzle that I worked in 82 one of my neighbors built this
nice frame for me.  the other 2 are oil painted on velvet
right across from my desk is my vision board poster what I want my
goals to achieve the things in my vision.



2) She asks him to not change his hair. When will you next find yourself in the
 stylist's chair?

A.   funny, I lightened my hair today :) just had my hair trimmed 3 weeks ago

3) Ms. Kitt always wanted to be a performer and attended the New York School
 of Performing Arts (aka the "Fame" school). Think back to your high school self.
 In what ways would you be surprised by how your life turned out?

A.  considering I struggled through high school even for a C grade  I
am proud of graduating from JR college with a 3,96 GPA.  landing that 
first perfect job at 20 right out of college working 2 weeks becoming the
front desk manager for the hotel that hired me,  4 months on the job became
the administrative assistant to the General Manager/ Assistant Manager 

4) Ms. Kitt took over the role of Catwoman on TV's Batman. Name another Batman villain.

A.  Penguin

5) Ms. Kitt enjoyed tremendous success performing in Parisian nightclubs.
 Have you ever been to Paris?

A. never been to Paris, its my dream to go one day
  
This is the last Saturday  9 before Valentine's Day and so this morning we
 shall focus on the upcoming holiday.
 
6) The holiday is also known as The Feast of St. Valentine.
 Do you have a special meal planned for next Wednesday?

A.  gator is the cook here at the house, I am sure he has something up
his sleeve (or tail I should say)

7) The phrase "wear your heart on your sleeve" began in medieval times. 
On Valentine's Day, men would celebrate the holiday by displaying their
 lady love's name on their sleeves. If you were going to adopt this custom, 
whose name would you wear?

A. gator...but I probably wouldn't as I have heard too many say it is bad luck to have a tattoo of your spouses name

8) Women buy and send more Valentines than men do. What's the last greeting
 card you received?

A.  Christmas card so far it isn't Valentines day yet
  
9) Men buy and send more roses at Valentine's Day than women do. What's your favorite flower?
 
A.  like all women I love roses, but prefer potted plants, or flowers that I can
plant.  having beautiful IRIS'S in the yard and daffodils spring is beautiful
here at Gators acres 
 
_____________
I encourage you to visit other participants in 
Saturday 9 posts and leave a comment. Because there are no rules, it is your choice. Saturday 9 players hate rules. We love memes, however.
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you on #9! Roses are pretty, but they don't last anywhere near long enough. Those potted plants bring more lasting joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the unicorn. My iris have been in the ground for nearly 30 years; they've mostly turned yellow. I did have a mix but the colored varieties apparently were not dominant.

    ReplyDelete