Monday, February 5, 2018

PICS from CORPUS CHRISTI TX

these were taken 2001 to 2004 so the quality of digital photography was not as great as today

White Pelicans
had migrated here
seagulls flying around
getting fresh food that the
flagship stirs up
 terns are playing today
seagulls are sitting here
patiently waiting for a hand out
for the life of me I can't
remember this bird
its some kind of hawk
 This Heron was waiting for
a fish he was watching
he creeped to the water
still has eye on the fish
 love these pipers they are
so stinking cute
this may not be the right name
as I have forgotten most of them
this seagull was posing for me
 playing with the gulls
oh how fun
 blue man of war and seaweed
his tenacles were almost
4 foot long
 Harbor bridge at night
Harbor bridge with
tanker going thru
taken from the aquarium
 Huge Navy ship at port
 H Building don't know why this always
fascinated me
Huge Conk shells found
about 3 miles down
the National Seashore 
Walk way to where I took
the pics of Pelicans
OH HOW I LOVE THIS
FERRY AND SEEING THE dolphins
PORT A FERRY

4 comments:

  1. Excellent!! I so enjoyed this post & wonderful photos!!

    The 'hawk' looks like a kestrel (or a peregrine falcon - enlarging it on my phone didn't help much...but it DOES have the head of a falcon). And the 'piper' is an oystercatcher.

    Those shells are huge!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. anni thank you so very much I have tons and tons of pics from corpus!! of course very low resolution
      kestrel is what that one bird was!! I looked him up in my S TX birding book when I took the pic and circled it!!! thank you for the life of me I could not remember oystercather. I circled every single bird I saw down there in my book :)

      Delete