Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Hodgepodge and Sweet Tea

Hodgepodge and Sweet Tea

Welcome to the last Hodgepodge of the month.
.there will not be a Wednesday Hodgepodge next week (March 7). 
We'll be back in action the following week (March 14th). Thanks!

Here we go-


From this Side of the Pond

1. Are you currently operating at 100% capacity? If not, what % are you? What's keeping you there?
Like Joyce stated I am not a spring chicken any more!  However, my plate is always 
full!!!  so yes I run constantly at 100%

What's keeping me there? 
What keeps me there between taking care of mom, Gator  our place (chores)
The fur babies, cleaning moms house, Dr's Appt's, Senegence meetings


2.  Have you done your taxes? Planned/booked a summer holiday? Thought about or started your 'spring cleaning'? Besides what's listed here, tell us one task that needs doing before spring rolls around.
I have not prepared my taxes, but it will be done this week
A Summer holiday, yes we are planning on going to Corpus Christi TX
ANNIE I hope to meet up with you!
SPRING CLEANING: actually yes I have started moving the plastic from the windows
rearranging plants that sit in the window sill, getting ready to open the windows,
cleaned out the cowebs,   1 thing that needs done before spring rolls around? 
DUSTING seems this is always the last thing that gets done


3. What's a favorite food from your part of the country?
Like Joyce stated again  I absolutely love good southern style sweet-tea but 
not sure that sweet-tea classifies as food ?  my favorite food is Fried Chicken 
and home-made potato salad (mustard)
4. This isn't a leap year, but let's run with it anyway...look before you leap, a leap of faith, grow by leaps and bounds, leap to conclusions, leap at the opportunity...which phrase might best be applied to your life currently (or recently)? Explain.
leap of faith, I took a huge leap of faith when Gator asked me to marry him
as I had recently came out of a VERY VERY ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP and was not 
sure I could trust another man


5. As the month draws to a close list five fun and/or fabulous things (large or small) you noticed or experienced in February.
1.   Going to karaoke
2.  Getting vehicle insurance renewed
3.  Getting new Health Insurance
4.  Willie (goat) is finally getting better and acting like a goat again since his surgery in           DEC
5.   The Daffodils, surprise lilies and the Iris's are coming up and spring is in the air
  

6. Insert your own random thought here.
Heaven gained a beautiful angel this morning, Irene you were such a 
blessing to all you came into contact with.  You almost made it to your
96th bday.  You are rejoicing at the right hand of Jesus and in pain
no more!  RIP BEAUTIFUL!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for the loss of your dear one, Irene; glad the goat is getting better. Goats are entertaining, another of our Creator's wonderful blessings.

    Visiting you from the Hodgepodge today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear of your loss. 95 is a lot of life to have experienced. Sounds like you have a lot to keep you busy.

    ReplyDelete