Wednesday, July 16, 2014

why I am not blogging a lot





does life really have a way of making you say WOW!!













This song, has new meaning after the last couple of weeks.
first of all my shoulder surgery has been post-phoned due
to abnormality on EKG WHAT??  I have to see cardio
for surgery clearance before surgery...ME:  WHY cant
we just do the surgery and let me be out of this HORRIBLE
PAIN...Now, I can't see cardiologist until July 21 and Surgery
is scheduled for July 31.
Dad went to the ER on July 11 for swelling of the legs *He had gained
4 lbs over night* I get to the ER to find dad had swelling 6-7"
above the knee..OH dear Lord!! admitted to hospital,  bring mom home
as she is still not getting around very well after breaking hip :(
Sat when I get up there he had lost 400 ML of fluids, Sun was 4100 ml
by time he came home MONDAY he had lost over a gallon of fluids
yayy its coming off ankles still swollen but they say with rest it will come off

Today, Tuesday, dad had cardio appointment,  now keep in mind dad is a
a diabetic, I was in no way shape or form prepared for what I was about to
hear, I think I am still in shock
Dad, goes to get blood work every 3-6 months and has always been told he is
doing great and too keep up the great work....
NOW ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?

today we were told, dad has chronic kidney problems that are irreversible
due to the diabetes me I know looking shocked, and said to dad
in front of dr, your primary care dr has not mentioned this? DAD and MOM
both NO>..i do not like their primary care dr at all and even more now.
we were also told dad has cardiomyopathy on the lower left side of heart
in english...it means his heart is severely damaged due to a heart attack
last Sept or Oct.  again it is irreversible  the only thing they can do
is keep him on heart pills *that keep him from getting a deep breath
and causing heart to speed up* AKA beta blocker*  and 80 mg of lassix
a day.   limited to 2000 mg of salt per day, heck you can eat a single piece
of bread and get that!.
SO, now I know the reason surgery was post phoned so that I can
once again take care of my aging/ailing parents.
I think I am still in shock over this, and want to cry but know I have to
be strong for my parents,  I have always been the strong one in the family
keeping us held together,   please pray for him, and mom....they will
be celebrating their 60th anniversary this year at Christmas Time.

so this is why I haven't been blogging a lot lately, but I am going to
try to do my hops this week,

PEACE OUT have a GROOVY hump day!!


3 comments:

  1. WOW Girlfriend! Your plate is MORE than full! SO much to pray about where your own health is concerned, plus the added responsibility of your parents. I will remember them both in prayer. Keep the faith...and let us know how your appointment with the cardiologist goes on the 21st.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart goes out to you; it's difficult knowing what to do. My parents go to a doc whom I think, probably, graduated last in her class. Yet they persist because ...the devil you know... . Praying you'll find the help you and your parents need and don't forget to take care of YOU. I learned the hard way, if the caregiver goes down, the house falls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having one one kidney and having been experiencing intestinal flu since Monday, July 7th, I fully understand health issues. My heart goes out to you. Looking forward to any future posts from you, and sending you a hug.

    ReplyDelete