Wednesday, July 30, 2014

week 150 Chats on the front porch (week 11 for me)

Everyday Ruralty

Good evening from the Island
With temps in the high 70s and rain (unheard of for JULY) we actually
sat the record low hi for todays date which was 79

Today's questions:

  1. Do you ever watch old TV shows or movies from your childhood or youth?
  2. Have you ever adopted a rescued animal?
  3. Are you good at keeping track of paperwork and records?
  4. What would you like the Magic Wendell Fairy to poof with his wand, and turn into a treat for you? Any snack or sweet you would like. It doesn't have to do with carrots, or HE'D eat it!
  5. Tell me something interesting- please.
My answers:
  1. Yes Giligans Island, the Lone Ranger, 6 million dollar man and the bionic woman, I love lucy, happy days, laverne and shirley and we can't forget opie, aunt bee, barny fife and andy...oh yea and the waltons.  I watch them every time I see them on tv
  2. Yes. Caz my kitty (who is now over rainbow bridge) was from the shelter, and Buddy the boxer adopted last Nov they are great companions who need love from mommy and daddy :)
  3. YES, I can find receipts from yes ago where I bought something to drink at sonic
  4. German Chocolate cake with homemade icing please, and carrot cake for wendell
  5. Idiots in Tulsa, do not know how to drive when the sun is out much less when it is raining...geezers I never seen the like of people that wanted to be up in the bed of my truck :(  I just wish I had a button so that I could lower the tailgate and let them right on in.   Back off people...the closer you drive the slower I drive

6 comments:

  1. I also love The Waltons!!! I watch it daily on week days, thanks to Vision TV. Between The Waltons, The Andy Griffith Show, and Bewitched, and the only show on air that I can watch now out of these is The Waltons, I never tire of them. And, of course, gotta love Gilligan's Island! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate drivers who follow to close as well especially when they want you to go faster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the same tv nostalgia you have listed. Rescue animals are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andy Griffith is a favorite of mine...then and now...for a special reason. Don Knotts (Barney Fife) went to high school with my dad! :)

    Ummm...German chocolate cake....carrot cake...YUMMY...especially when they are made from scratch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you and me both on number 5; I've been know to hit the brakes rather suddenly...LOOK, was that a cat running across the road???
    ummm. maybe not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You listed a number of TV shows that I used to love as well, but didn't think of when I answered that question. :-) Happy Days was a particular favorite when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete