Thursday, June 14, 2018

Honoring Ole Glory

Image result for i pledge allegiance


 our flag is in dyer need of replacement
we had 70 + mph wind, the flag liked to have went
flying, we rescued it just before it took off.

The wind didn't do poor Ole Glory any favors
as the storm came out of nowhere unannounced

Reminds me of tattered and  torn flags we think about
during the time Francis Scott Key wrote our national
anthem The Star Spangled Banner. 

This flag will be retiring very soon, we have found
the DAV or local boy scouts will properly dispose of her.


I love my flag!   I will proudly stand anytime anywere
and defend her, with my right hand over my heart,
holding the tears back to what she means to me.

When we stand and say the Pledge of Allegiance then
our National Anthem is proudly played or sung the tears stream down my face, reminding me that many people died so that this flag could  be the symbol of our freedom. 

My heart hurts very badly when I see people disrespecting
her, burning her in hatred *There is only one proper time
of burning*,  I want to go and rescue her, telling
her how sorry I am for the way she has been treated.

Our flag is still our FLAG, it is the symbol of our
freedom, the next time you see her remember this!!

Happy Flag Day 242 years!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment