Tuesday, May 16, 2023

Jesus is the Vine

     I have been enjoying Bible Journaling for the past year.   I will start posting some of my journaling to here so that you all can have some fun as well.  This is a 4 week series, however only the first three weeks are all that is done.
Week 1
   John15:1  “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener.

Gardener:  "a nurturer of all life, protector, and planter, a designer, keeper, and pruner.  Concerned with life's flourishing's.  God is our gardener. 

Jesus is the vine, we are the branches; grow and connect to him <foundational truth> < Our closeness to Jesus is important for us to keep this foundation.>  

Week 2

John 15:9  “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.

He has already pulled us to him, it is up to us to Keep God's love



Week 3                                                                         John 15:8 This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.                We bring glory to God by bearing fruit as disciples of Jesus.                     God's glory, Bearing of fruit, disciples of Jesus.  We CAN NOT bear fruit if we do not stay connected to the vine.
There is a similiar connection with these 3 things      Abiding to God...........God's glory                            Bearing fruit for him....Bearing fruit                        Maturing as disciples....disciples of Jesus







Are you connected to the vine?  Do you bear fruit? Are you a disciple?   I want my life to be where every person I meet knows that my love of Christ is shining thru me and I want to be an example to others.

I hope each of you have a blessed week ahead.









2 comments:

  1. I love your Bible Journaling pictures and thoughts. This is a great way to study the Bible. And this is a favorite passage. Yes, I am connected to the vine. I pray that I am still bearing fruit and that I am a true disciple of Christ. I know I have much room for improvement in that area. It seems like as I get older I am getting lazier...well, my body doesn't always want to cooperate with what my head and heart would like to do to reach out to more people. So He brings them to me here in blogland and in other special ways. May Christ always have the preeminence in my life. Thank you for this wonderful lesson! Keep up the good work...and keep sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Bible Journaling as truly helped me with my walk with Christ. I see thru your blogs and your compassion that you are still bearing fruit and that you are truly a disciple of Christ. We all have room for improvement! I understand about getting older and not being able to do the things we used to. For me it is that stranger I may meet in the store, or the person who is strung out on whatever he/she got high on last night, God leads me to people who need to hear even a simple verse. Again I appreciate you! AMEN sister!

      Delete