Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Wordless Wednesday 42623

I have always loved this park, very fond memories of going here as a child.  The winter of 2007 killed so many of the azaleas so sad as the whole park used to be completely covered.   These plants are still small but still beautiful, and not even at peak of blooming.










Do you enjoy visiting things from your childhood?  My next place I would love to visit it my grandparents old homestead in east TX.  When my grandfather passed in 1995 the land was in the same name over 100 yrs, the family decided to sell it off :(  the old house fell in and looks very different now.  The people told us any time we wanted to come and go down memory lane we were welcome same with the people who bought my parents home.


Today's bible verse

Wednesday, April 26Acts 5:2020 “Go, stand in the temple courts,” he said, “and tell the people all about this new life.”































 


4 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful park. Some of the things from my childhood are so different now that they are best just remembered rather than revisited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love the memories of thinking about yesteryear!

      Delete
  2. I love the azaleas, and that is a beautiful park!! And the story about your grandparents' home is very interesting. I know how bittersweet it is to go back and visit places where there was once so much life and love and to find it so different. Sometimes I think it is better to just keep the happy memories in our hearts and minds and not go back. That's how I feel about my parents' home where I grew up. I did go back to look at it last year (from the outside). It still looked pretty much the same on the outside, but I knew it was very different inside, because my beloved parents were no longer there and it could never be the same again. I prefer to remember it the way it was. I hope you are doing well. I am sorry to be so late in getting to this. It's been very busy here since our grandson and his fiancee' came down from Maine, but it's all good. Just busy. God bless you my friend. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my sweet friend. I love remembering the memories My grandparents are laid to rest 7 hrs away so not a trip I can take. I drive by my parents often as it is the next town over, not intentinally just the way to Tulsa always enjoy hearing from you!

      Delete