Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Tuesday 4 102522

 

The End of October

 Welcome once again to Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 and thank you for joining in and                  helping to keep it going.  It is very much appreciated.  You can join here https://tuesdaysplace.blogspot.com/




October is fast slipping away though it seems to only just begun!              Columbus Day is over but it will end with All Hallows Eve or Halloween           the night before All Saint's Day when Christian martyrs are remembered             and honored.   All hallows eve really means, the night before the holy          martyrs day but somehow it became associated with spooky happenings.   Let's talk about the end of October.              

1. Do you give out candy on Halloween to neighborhood kids? Did you ever. have you always? As a teen and young adult I did regularly, however              as of late I do not live in a populated kids area.

2. We must dress up as this Halloween. Yes, you have to!  What will your costume be this year?  How about Jesus' mother Mary

3. Have you ever carved pumpkins?  Have you visited the gorgeous Hudson Valley in New York state? No to both.  I wanted to this year however my          shoulder had different ideas.

4. The Legend of Sleepy Hollow by Washington Irving takes place in Sleepy Hollow a town known today as Tarrytown, NY. a lovely town in the Hudson Valley not far from the Catskill Mountains, site of Rip Van Winkle.   ...😊......................';[dddddddddd                     The Hudson Valley is considered one of the most beautiful places in America.  The Hudson separates NY from New Jersey Do you know the Legend of Sleepy Hollow?          How about Rip Van Winkle?  Do you believe either could be based on     true stories as some believe?  Why/ why not?  I do know both legends I feel                   like they both could be based on true stories, because everything that                      happens in both stories,      I could see happening in real life.


4 comments:

  1. #4 was super interesting to me. I need to look up the reality of those stories. I never even considered them to be real Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your answers. I agree with the last one..I want to look more into the legends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good answers!! I hope your shoulder doesn't start acting up again. You've come a long way with that. Praying...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your shoulder feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete