Friday, February 10, 2023

Happy Friday


 This was taken a few years back but felt appropriate since we had last week Sleet, snow and freezing rain.  Thankfully the freezing rain stopped and we ended up with almost 3" of sleet.   

Thank you for the prayers for my great nephew Justin, he got to go home but has a long road ahead of him.   We found he has no immune system at all and will be on Immunoglobulin for the rest of his life most likely.   He is a tough little cookie.



Yesterday (Thursday) it was 60* out and today 36 feels like 28 I wish Father time would just apologize to Mother Nature and do those honey dos.

I hope all of you have a blessed weekend.

Do you watch the Superbowl?  Did your team make it?  if not who will you route for?  here the KC Chiefs are my team and they are Superbowl bound.  What traditions do you have if you watch it?  here making rotel cheese dip with chips and sweet tea.   I may make a warm soup depending on the weather.



2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of sleet!!! I would not like that! I don't mind snow, but sleet and ice are such a treacherous thing to deal with. Glad you got through it. But now you have cold weather again. We are getting our much needed rain, but it is expected to get a bit chilly again, but nothing like what you have. I like your statement about Father Time and Mother Nature. That's a good one! Re: The Superbowl. Yes, my hubby will be watching it. I am not sure which team he is rooting for since neither team are his favorites. Our church is planning a super bowl party tomorrow nite and everyone brings finger food, etc. and they watch it in the fellowship hall. However, many people are sick with colds and some have covid, so it may be cancelled. We will find out tomorrow morning how many plan to go and if they should cancel or not. My hubby wants to go if they have it, and so I suppose I will go to, but I'd rather stay home and watch it from my comfy recliner in my cozy house. However the fellowship is always nice at church. So we shall see what develops. praying for your nephew to get stronger day by day. May God bring healing to him in Jesus' Name. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not like the ice and sleet either I stay parked inside! Do not need anymore falls. It is stormy and rainy today then warm tomorrow and back in the 30 Wed. No wonder everyone has colds as this crazy weather can't decide if it want's to be warm or cold. I followed the superbowl online because we were watching another show which is ok with me as I didn't have to spend the whole evening watching. I miss those days of going to church superbowl fellowships. Please keep praying that I find a local church that I love as much as the one in KS. Thank you so much for the prayers on my nephew he has finally quit the pneumonial coughing and said he fells pretty good just tired easily. He is doing well in the home schooling. AMEN Have a blessed week sweet friend

      Delete