Tuesday, July 26, 2022

update from surgery

 it's now been 26 days post-surgery.  My PT says that it is doing great for the time frame.  range of motion is at 90 degrees beforehand it may have been 40.

Jesus has me in his hands and I will be healed in no time.  I have great help still at home

I still have a hard time pushing shopping carts, this is normal.  I do not sack my groceries heavy so that I can manage getting them inside.  

I had a couple of break throughs this week   1) I can now turn the shower faucet on/off.  2) I can squeeze the shampoo bottle.  3) I can actually wash my hair with both hands now.  If you have ever had any shoulder surgery, you willl understand that these three things are a BIG accomplishment.  the downfall of the reversal shoulder replacement is that I most likely will never be able to reach behind my back, I am ok with that if I have full function to the front.

you can read about the surgery here it is very interesting reverse shoulder


this is the xray 13 days post-surgery dr said it was healing fine and looked great.   the dark place is not my lungs it is the bruising still from surgery 






I hope each of you are staying cool and safe as it has really been a scorcher all around the world where it is summer.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you continue to make rapid progress with your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my you really have been through it with this surgery, but I am SO happy you are making good progress! Yes, I totally can sympathize with you regarding the range of motion, etc. I've had a frozen right shoulder for almost a year. It's better than it was, but I can't wash my back or reach high, etc. Now my left shoulder is starting to do the same thing and I don't know why. I may have to go back to the Dr. and have it checked. Very strange. So yes, I can relate to the washing hair, etc. I've been only using one arm for that for a while. Simple things we take for granted...putting on a bra is one of the biggest issues I face each day. I have to do the pullover type because I can't manage the hooks even when pulled around to the front. Yeah, it's the little things. So glad you are getting better. Praying for full recovery. God bless you dear friend.

    ReplyDelete