Monday, July 15, 2019

Bucket List ~Day 4~ Memphis Tennessee

 Today we are going to the Volunteer state of Tennessee  Memphis to be exact.  First on the list is Graceland then to the pyramid.  The Memphis belle has a really good restaurant.  It is pretty cool to sit on the water and eat your meal.  98 my parents and I went to Nashville for family reunion.

Tennessee has had several nicknames, but the most popular is “The Volunteer State.” The nickname originated during the War of 1812, in which the volunteer soldiers from Tennessee, serving under Gen. Andrew Jackson, displayed marked valor in the Battle of New Orleans.  Memphis has an estimated population of 646889, making it the biggest city in the state of Tennessee, the third largest in the Southeastern United States.

Memphis is also home of the blues music.

I have heard stories that the pyramid is haunted (I have a higher power that tells me those evil spirits do not exist)  I wouldn't be scared to go here, in fact it might be quiet interesting.

The Memphis belle is an old riverboat, that has a restaurant, used to be good food, and is very peaceful sitting on the river while eating.  



1 comment:

  1. HI, Gina! I finally found you! I had to go to one of the blog hops that you follow to get your URL for the blog. I LOVE what you have done with your blog and all the travel facts. It's gonna take me days to catch up on your blog, but great work so far. I added you to my "Awesome Blog" section. I love the lady bugs, too. Great job!!
    Dad-I remember the trip to Memphis, too. Mom got a real good picture of you with your mouth open in amazement over Graceland, home of the "King of Rock n' Roll"!! We did have fun.
    Love you both,
    Missy

    ReplyDelete