Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Adventuring into the Hodgepodge

Welcome to our end of September Hodgepodge. So glad you've landed here today! 
If you've answered this week's questions add your link at the end of my post. 
And before you run off say hi to your neighbor on the linky list because being 
neighborly is what it's all about.
From this Side of the Pond
 

















1. What pets did you have while growing up? Tell us a little something about them.
I had a terrier (Candy) she lived to be 17, sammy the Siamese kity
sheep (buck, nanny, sugar, spice) a black Angus cow named Missy
and of course we can't forget Rocky the Miniature Beagle
Rocky and Sugar were the very best of friends all the way till the end how I loved
watching them play.   Missy thought she was a dog, as the way she followed us around.

We now have:   Harley (F German Shepard) Digger (M Heinz 57) Sandra (F Chihuahua)
Precious (F very petite Kitty)  and Willie (M the Dwarf goat)
SHHH don't tell him hes not a dog















2. What is one thing you absolutely must accomplish today?
laundry, washed dried folded and put away

3. Where were you ten years ago? What were you doing there?
Was living in Shawnee OK, husband at the time worked there



4. September 26th is National Dumpling Day. Did you celebrate? Apple dumpling, 
xiaolongbao (steamed Chinese dumpling), chicken and dumplings, pirogi, matzoh balls,
 or gnocchi...which dumpling on this list would be your dumpling of choice?
Have you ever made homemade dumplings of any kind?
I love homemade Chicken and dumplings. I make them every chance I get
oh Gnocchi how I love thee, matzoh balls too! Oh geez now I am hungry for Gnocchi
I see Olive Garden in my very Near Future

 

5. 'There are two kinds of adventurers: those who go truly hoping to find an adventure 
and those who go secretly hoping they don't.' William Trogdon

So which kind are you?  I am a little bit of both types, love going on adventures, but sometimes,
I get the scared "WHAT IF" feeling



6. Insert your own random thought here.
Defending our flag, I will stand proud with my head bowed and hand over heart
at attention until I can't stand no more. I love my country and very thankful for
those who gave, who lost their lives, past present and future.
If you offend one Veteran you offend them all doesn't matter their rank or branch
they are all brothers and sisters till the end
Image result for defending our freedom

Image result for i stand for the flag and kneel for the cross

I am not trying to get anybody to get all negative to me just stating my opinion

PSS  I am starting a Thankful Thursday Blog link up would love to see everybody



3.
14.
24.

You are next... Click here to enter
This list will close in 6 days, 11 hrs, 10 min (10/3/2017 11:59 PM North America - Eastern Standard Time)



2 comments:

  1. I would love to be able to have animals but son who lives with us developed an allergy to cats and the other son now visits with two retired greyhounds so not an option right now and I'd never persuade hubby to have a goat! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so very sorry that your son has that allergy! I love greyhounds they are so graceful. Willie the goat, SHHH doesn't know he is a goat, he thinks he is a dog. He is a therapy/companion animal for Gator. funny the reaction we get when we have him in harness and leash

      Delete